I AM A TRANSFORMED PERSON!
Yes, I am a transformed person! There is a verse in the bible from Romans 12:2 that says “Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind”. God is the one that does the transforming! We do not have to work at it. I have tried for years to transform myself but failed miserably. I took a seminar called “Cleansing Streams” at my local church which is the greatest tool for anyone who struggles with low esteem issues especially. I don’t say that you have to do “no work” but God does the transforming! The “work” that I did was to do the home work in the workbook, read the Bible, and praise the Lord! Before I took this seminar when reading the Bible, I read it mainly as if it was a novel. Things that I should have taken to heart and do, I didn’t think pertain to me. I really thought they were for unbelievers, but the Bible is for believers! The Bible was written to believers and for believers! And when reading the Bible years ago when I needed help, I would read for an hour in the early morning when I couldn’t sleep and some scripture would give me hope and I could go back to bed and sleep.
Last night at a class of Cleansing Streams, I felt such boldness and yes, love, that I could speak out and not feel afraid that if someone didn’t like me, I would feel unlovely. But because I know that I am a child of God and that He loves me unconditionally, I can be bold! I don’t have to worry about whether this person or that person likes me which has been a big problem in my life. Because I did not have love for myself, I could not love other people, ....”You shall love your neighbor as yourself”, Galatians 5:14.
Does this mean that I have finally arrived at being perfect! No, it definitely does not! And will satan quit harassing me? No, it definitely does not! As long as we live on earth where satan is the prince of this air, we will always be harassed by satan. But I know that I will always have the victory over any problem with God’s help.
Knowing who you are in Christ is really the key to being transformed. Without that knowledge you can not progress in anything that you do. But first you have to know God by confessing your sins and receiving Him as your Savior. It is the most wonderful thing that you can do.
A good day to you from The Merry Heart
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment