GOD IS EVER FAITHFUL
This morning when I finally got up at 3:30, after failing to go back to sleep to sleep in 30 minutes, I was having a struggle with some worry in my life and satan was attacking me about the situation. So I went out to my best and only source that is able to always help me. I remember the many times many years ago when my children were still home when I had a problem or worry and I would go out and read the bible. I would always read for exactly an hour and something would be in the Word that would help me or give me hope. Reading the bible for an hour may not be the prescription for everyone but for some reason it was for me. I would go back to bed and sleep and the next morning I could fact the day with hope and, yes, joy! I remember my daughter telling her cousin once when they were talking about their mothers that I laughed a lot. I had never thought of myself as a person that laughed a lot but I do, I like to laugh and make a joke and try to find the funny side of things. She is now a person who likes to find the funny side of situations and has she gone through some rough times.
Nowadays, when I go out and read the bible or some good Christian book for help, I find that I spend more time not just reading but also praising and worshiping Him. I so enjoy His Presence and worshiping Him, I enjoy our “quiet time” together! He has been so faithful and He has done so much for me!
You too can have this joy by knowing the Lord by accepting Him as your savior and repenting of your sins.
The Merry Heart
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment