Monday, April 27, 2009

God's Promises are ever faithful

God Promises Are Ever Faithful

In this world when everything seems to be falling apart, who can we trust? Banks and many businesses are failing. Many people are losing their jobs. Prices of everything are going up and up. People are losing their homes. Couples are divorcing. Crime is on the uprise.

There is a source of help that we can trust. He is ever faithful. He is our best friend. He has our best interest at heart. God can always be depended upon to help us, even when we are unfaithful. In years past especially when I would wake up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep, I would go out and read my Bible. I needed some help for the next day. So I would start reading and after an hour, a scripture would jump out at me that would give me hope and then I could go back to bed and sleep. God was ever faithful to give me a scripture to help me just as He does now.

Tonight in my quiet time with the Lord, I began to realize that all the scriptures in the Bible are promises that when we believe them, He is ever faithful to fulfill. I have always heard that but until it gets down into your spirit and you realize that it is true, you don’t really believe it is true. What a awesome thought! There are so many promises in the Bible! I can’t fathom how many promises there are! But the secret to these promises is to believe them! You can’t begin to claim all the promises, only the ones that pertain to your situation and what God impresses upon you to claim as your own. When God impresses upon me a scripture, I write it down and start memorizing it. I takes me a while to memorize as I am 71. But while memorizing, I am meditating upon it and it gets down into my spirit and it becomes alive! I really truly know what it means. Then I keep saying it and it finally becomes a part of me, usually some aspect of my walk with the Lord that needs to be cleaned up.

You too can begin to claim God’s promises if you accept Him as your Savior and Lord and confess your sins. We as Christians are not guaranteed a life free from troubles but He is ever faithful to His promise that He will help us.

The Merry Heart

No comments: