Perseverance of winter being squashed by spring time is analogous to a believer of God seeking relieve from a problem and finding the truth of that situation. This past week we have had cold weather and snow and rain mixture, now today the forecast for this week is temperatures in the 70s. What a change! Finally the demise of winter is overtaken by spring.
It is the same in our walk with the Lord. I have been battling a personal problem in my relationship with people and have been seeking the Lord what to do. Should I confront that person and explain that believing the lies of satan have lead to me behaving this way and ask for her forgiveness? Should I ask God to forgive me and change my behavior? Should I try and change on my own? Finally after battling for a few weeks with the issue and seeking God, I got my answer which was right before me all the time! Sometimes that does happen. I had read this book sometime back and this thought hit me like a bolt of lightning so I knew I had to write it down and put it on my bulletin board. At the time it didn’t mean as much to me as it does now.
When we fail at doing something doesn’t make us a failure, hence the moto: if at first you don’t succeed, try again. But when we do it on our own without God’s help and fail, then it can be considered a failure in God’s economy. God wants us to be dependent on Him as He knows best the way we should overcome a problem. I have had this problem, I think, most of my life and have tried to overcome it on my own, obviously since I still have the problem, I didn’t succeed. I have been seeking God for the answer the last few weeks and finally last night I got my answer. After praying and reading, finally I looked up and there was the answer on my bulletin board! The fact that I am a child of God, I can behave in a way that is consistent with the fact that God loves me and I do not have to act like I am unworthy and unloved and don’t deserve that person’s respect or friendship. But I first had to realize that God really does love me. It took me a long time for me to believe that and truly know that I am really a child of God. Now I can act according to that fact. I do not have to be timid or unfriendly but I can be bold with God’s help.
You can also know that God loves you by repenting of your sins and accepting Him as your savior and began reading the Bible and worshiping Him. Then you will know joy.
The Merry Heart
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment