Sunday, May 10, 2009

musical tables

M U S I C A L T A B L E S A N Y O N E ?

You have heard of musical chairs but have you heard of musical tables? I hadn’t either til we did it! When we lived out in the country for twenty years, we have been in the city for ten years now, I had a ping pong table for my sewing table. Out children played ping pong while living at home but have been gone around twenty years now. When we moved to the city, the ping pong table did not fit in my sewing room so we gave it away. My hubby made me a sewing table out of a door with two legs attached to it. But it was not as satisfactory as the old ping pong table, I really missed it. And I had bought a cheap table for the kitchenette.. Then we inherited an antique but nice table from his mother that we decided to put in the kitchen and put that table in his den for his use.

Recently I was thinking of how I could get a table as big as the ping pong table without it overwhelming the room. Then I thought of the antique but nice table that we had inherited from my hubby’s mother that we use in the kitchenette. I measured it and it was big enough for the sewing projects that I do now. But how to replace the kitchen table. I did not want to waste my time going to garage sales or pay an exorbitant price. So my hubby suggested we put his table back in the kitchen, the antique table in my sewing room and the old sewing table in the garage to use for garage sales and he would use the two card tables that we have rarely used. Ta da! Problem solved! Thus musical tables!

A good day to you from The Merry Heart

No comments: