Many years ago I gave a New Scofield Reference Bible to my hubby before he came back to the Lord and the church. He had been back slid since he left home and went to college. The Lord had given me a promise right after our son was born that hubby would come back to the Lord; it took 15 years. That book was a big influence in his decision to come back. Since he is an electrical engineer, I knew he would enjoy this bible with many references.
While growing up his mother took him to church and left him so he grew up with many misconceptions about the church and he didn’t learn anything about the bible. The church that I grew up in had a Sunday School where I learned a lot even though at that time I really wasn’t interested, I was more interested in my social life. In reading the bible my hubby learned the “truth”
In the same way many Catholics who have come to our church, who after reading the bible, realized that they were lied to all their lives by the Catholic Church.
John 8:31-32: “Then said Jesus to those Jews who believed in him, ‘If ye continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed: and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.’” I challenge those of you who have never read the bible to do so, it could be a life changing experience.
A merry day to you from The Merry Heart
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment