Sunday, November 4, 2007

Beginning Thoughts

This is my very first time to be on the Blog with the help of my very efficient computer guru husband of 41 years. Good thing as I don’t have to try and find out what I did wrong and correct it which I never could do as I am a novice computer person. I have two children, married, who live in different parts of the country so we don’t see them very often. I am happy to be the grandmother of three most precious and very smart, of course, young grandchildren and expecting a fourth in the near future. I didn’t expect when we got married that we would survive to our 40th year or that I would be celebrating my 70th birthday next March which I am going to celebrate with a big bash!

As for my Christian influence I grew up in the Baptist Church but changed over to Assemblies of God Church when our daughter went to school in the fourth grade as well as our son in the fourth grade also. My experiences in the Baptist Church are quite different from my experiences in the Assemblies of God Church which I shall relate sometime in the near future. I learned a lot in the Baptist Sunday School but they seem to have no power so I will be explaining why I think that is so.

Some time back I felt like the Lord was impressing upon me to do some blogging as my ministry now as my son and his wife also do blogging. My son does it as a witness and she blogs about the family. But I knew that He would impress me to blog when something earth shaking came along and now that something has occurred so I am very excited to be doing this for my Lord.

I would be very happy for you to go on a journey with me to explore my Christianity. These will be my own observations of what I have gleaned from being a Christian for many years, not necessarily all good years of living out my Christian faith or correctly interpreting the Bible. But as a little child learns to walk one step at a time, so does becoming a mature Christian involve one step at a time. As we conquer a problem or concept, that leads us to go to the next step of learning. So you can see that you are always learning and conquering and I am still in the process of maturing. BPWMTLINFWMY (be patient with me, the Lord is not finished with me yet)

A Merry Heart

No comments: