PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING
Recently my hubby and I became aware of a situation in our family that really disturbed us. Usually my hubby will say it will turn out ok or he is not really concerned about it. But this time he was concerned so I knew it was really important and needed to be addressed. So we prayed about it and I felt like the Lord said it would turn out ok. That made me feel better but I still did not have peace about the situation. So that evening when I was up for my nightly quiet time with the Lord, I looked up some scriptures that address that situation and typed them up. Then I sat and read them and prayed to God. Since there is no way that I can change the situation, I had to turn it over to God completely and allow Him to work it out. Why should I think that I can change the situation? I am only human and do not know the best way to remedy it. God wants to change lives and get the glory for it.
Finding scriptures and praying gives me peace that I have never known before. Usually I stew about it and get myself in a dither and can’t think straight and have not energy. If I think about this situation, I would get myself in that place again but since I turned it over completely to God, I have peace. I only think about how God it working it out for good and not for bad like satan would like. I know people who proclaim victory at the beginning of a bad situation and I never could understand how they could do that. Now I know. They turned the problem over completely to God and allow Him to work on it. Then you have peace that passes all understanding, Philippians 4:7; And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your heart and minds, through Christ Jesus.
A good day to you from The Merry Heart
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment