Sunday, August 2, 2009

my earth-shaking renewal

MY EARTH -- SHAKING RENEWAL!


“Be transformed by the renewing of your mind”, Romans 12-2. That is a very very important verse to me as God has really been renewing my mind this last year or two. But this “renewing” is the most important to me and shall always be classified as the most important as it involves someone who was and is still important to me; my twin sister. Of course we were very close growing up but we did argue a lot like most siblings. But our upbringing was not the best so we each developed bad habits of wrong thinking. She was the favorite one so I developed an inferiority complex and she thought she was something. She controlled me even after I was married. Even as a grade school girl, I began to have “stinky thinking”. Since she was getting all the attention I would not give her my attention by laughing at her cute antics, etc. That did me more harm than it did her which is always the case. This continued even into adulthood. We communicated a lot over the phone as we usually lived quite a ways apart. I know her so well that I can tell by the tone of her voice what she is thinking. She put me down a lot so when I got the chance I would jab back at her intentionally. But it was always me that would scream or hang up on her.

Things began to turn around in our relationship when I began to change toward her as is always the case. We cannot change another person, we can only change ourselves with God’s help. Things definitely began to change when I took the Cleansing Streams Seminar at our church and learned how to deal with forgiveness. It is not a feeling but an act of your will to forgive as sometimes you do not feel like forgiving. I began by releasing all those hurt feelings to God and letting Him heal me and asking forgiveness for the many times that I have offended her and she me. Then I began to notice that when talking to her over the phone that I was not so offended by what she said or when she put me down. She does have a problem sometimes with understanding things, or rather I would think, she is trying to get my goat. But I didn’t want to understand her problem, I wanted to take advantage of it and get back at her! This had been going on for years. But with God transforming me these last few months I have been able to talk to her without getting offended. I also sensed that she is changing also. Then the other night when I was giving her some technical information for something she wants to get, I was not the impatient person that I usually am with her. I could be patient and understanding with her! I did not jab her for not understanding something or taking so long to understand like I used to do. The Lord has really transformed me by the renewing of my mind!

A good day to you from the Merry Heart

No comments: