Thursday, September 10, 2009

walking in good works

WALKING IN GOOD WORKS

In Ephesians 2:10 it says; For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. I like The Open Bible version which makes it even planner: For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Does good works mean taking a meal to a sick person, helping a person change a flat tire, visiting the sick, etc,? These are all good and well. But after hearing Pastor Carl speak on this subject last night my past life took on a whole new perspective, even much better than what I had been led to think by satan. To me my life had not amounted to much, again led to think that by satan.

When our son was born about 40 years ago, God had given me a revelation that my hubby would be completely healed and come back to the church. He did come back to the church 15 years later and we are still waiting on him to be healed. I have always stood on that prophecy as it was such a riveting event; I felt such a warmth from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet and I felt such love and well-being. Of course I couldn’t tell my hubby until he started back to church about this prophecy as he wouldn’t believe me, as it was he didn’t believe me then even! But gradually he started to believe as I did and we started to stand on that revelation whenever he had a health problem but it wasn’t God’s timing for him to be healed yet.

Last night at our round table discussion we had to tell about what one person in our lives that influenced us for good. My hubby told about how watching me in my christian growth lead to his coming back to the church. That and Pastor’s talk on how God created us for good works started me to thinking; “Hey, I have been walking in good works since God gave me that revelation and didn’t know it.” Satan had been telling me lies that I was no good, my life didn’t amount to anything, etc. But to the one person, my husband, it did make a difference. Don’t think that I have been a saint, far from it, but enough of a saint that it made a difference to my hubby!

My good works so far had been to be a light to my hubby. I am so happy and grateful to God that my life has amounted to something big so far! And we are looking forward to what God has for us down the line.

A Good Day to You from the Merry Heart.

1 comment:

Billy said...

Hey, it has only been 37 years since your son was born! Hehe! Love you!

Your son

P.S.
Philippians 1:6
"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."